Quick guides to citation tools for managing references and creating bibliographies.
The library provides 2 typical reference manager ‘EndNote’ and ‘Mendeley’.
EndNote is a software package designed to help you to organize references and create bibliographies.
EndNote allows you to:
- Store and organize your references, related notes and PDF files of journal articles, conference papers, etc. in a program.
- Insert citations and references into your manuscript and automatically create a bibliography in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Access your EndNote library anywhere through the EndNote web and share your library with co-workers.
- More information: EndNote (http://endnote.com/) | EndNote Web (http://www.myendnoteweb.com/)
- Training video (English): http://www.endnote.com/training
- Download: UNIST Portal (http://portal.unist.ac.kr) → Internet Disk (http://idisk.unist.ac.kr) → SWs(소프트웨어 배포) → Site license (교육용 소프트웨어) → EndNote
- Install (Windows version):
- Download the compressed file of the installation program.
- Extract the two files into the same directory folder (※ After extracting, ‘ENX8Inst.msi’ and ‘License.dat’ files must be in the same folder)
- Run the ‘ENX8Inst.msi’ file to install
※ The ‘License.dat’ file is a serial number of EndNote program
If the program shows a message like ‘Enter a serial number for installation' in the process, it means the setup program can’t read the serial number automatically. Go back to the 2nd process and extract the files again.
Mendeley is a free reference manager designed to help you to organize PDFs and generate citations and bibliographies.
Mendeley allows you to:
- Store and Organize: Import and organize PDF files from your computer
- Read and Annotate: Open PDFs and capture your thoughts through sticky notes and highlights
- Reference Manager: Generate citations and bibliographies in MS Word, LibreOfiice, and LaTex.
- Collaborate: Connect with colleagues and securely share your papers, notes and annotations.
- More information: Mendeley (https://www.mendeley.com/)
- Training video (English): https://www.mendeley.com/guides/videos
- Create an Account: Mendeley (www.mendeley.com) > Create a free account
※ Mendeley is a free service and anyone can create an account. If the researcher already has an account for ScienceDirect, Scopus or Reaxys, the previous account is also available for Mendeley.
- Download and Install: Mendeley Web → Downloads
- Join the UNIST group: Mendeley Web → Groups → UNIST → Join this Group
※ Benefits for joining the UNIST group