This page has been prepared by the library in association with the Education Affairs Team and provide details about each stage of writing and submitting your thesis/dissertation.
Please see the attached document below ‘Guidelines for Thesis Wiriting’ for more detailed information.
- Paper size: A4, The original color of pictures should be maintained even after printed.
- Your department name or major should be written on ‘front cover’ and ‘title page’.
- Signed page of ‘The confirmation of thesis/dissertation approval’ should be contained.
- Reference style: Depending on student's needs and studying field, referencing style can be selected among 5 styles which are APA, AMS, ACS, IEEE, and Harvard style.
|Style||Citing Reference in Text||Style for Reference Lists|
Jensen (3) reported oscillation in the reaction of benzaldehyde with oxygen.
According to Harris (2003), drug release is controlled by varying the hydrolytic stability of the ester bond.
Klingler,J. Influence of Pretreatment on Sodium Powder. Chem. Mater. 2005, 17, 2755-2768.
Le Couteur, P.; Burreson, J. Napoleon’s Button: How 17 Molecules Changed History ; Jeremy P. Tarcher/Putnam: New York, 2003; pp 32-47.
|for Energy & Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Mechanical & Nuclear Engineering, Life Scineces, Nanochemistry|
American Mathematical Society (AMS)
|for Applied Meathematics|
Kessler (2003) found that among epidemiological samples…
Early onset result in a more persistent and sever course (Kessler, 2003)
In 2003, Kessler’s study of epidemiological samples showed that…
Lightm M. A., & Light, I. H. (2008). The geographic expansion of Mexican immigration in the United States and its implications for local law enforcement. Law Enforcement Executive Forum Journal, 8(1). 73-82.
Shotton, M. A. (1989). Computer addiction? A study of computer dependency. London, England: Taylor & Francis.
|for Design & Human Engineering, Urban & Environmntal Engineering, Business Administration|
as shown by Brown ,
as demonstrated in 
 R.E.Kalman, “New results in linear filtering and redition theory,” J.Basic Eng., ser. D, vol. 83,pp.95-108, Mar. 1961.
 B. Klaus and P. Horn, Robot Vision. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1986
|for Electrical & Computer Engineering, Device Physics, Physics|
- It’s a necessary process to get your doctorate or master’s.
- Report your research to the UNIST.
- Sharing your research with UNIST members or other future researchers.
|Original file (MS Word or PDF)|
Please see the attached document below ‘Guidelines for Thesis Submitting’ for more detailed information.
- Complete your thesis
- MS word or PDF, You should make one file for entire paper.
- If it’s impossible, the file can be divided up into maximum 3 files.
- Access the online submission site: dCollection (http://unist.dcollection.net)
- Log-in: ID is your student number, Password is your birhday(YYMMDD)
- Select a ‘Start a Submission > Dissertation Submission’ menu.
- Select a submission object and click the ‘Submit’ button.
- Enter your contact information.
- Enter the information(metadata) of your thesis.
- Set the copyright agreement.
- Upload original file(s).
- Check your submission and confirm.
- Get the approval and print certificates.