Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSU, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM, KS), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2021 eResources@UNIST Library
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access Online Tutorials
A comprehensive business database which part of the ProQuest Central
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index + Full Text)
• Subject: Business, Economics
• Provider: ProQuest
• ABI/INFORM Complete is a comprehensive business database containing thousands of journals. The combination of products forms a business database package that offers full-text titles covering business and economic conditions, corporate strategies, management techniques, as well as competitive and product information. Its international coverage gives researchers a complete picture of companies and business trends around the world.
• It is part of the ProQuest Central Database.
A highly-automated electronic archive and distribution server for research articles in physics, mathematics, computer science, etc.
• Type: Open Access Repository (Free, Preprint)
• Subject: Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology, Quantitative Finance, Statistics, Electrical Engineering and Systems Science, and Economics
• Provider: Cornell University Library
• arXiv.org is a highly-automated electronic archive and distribution server for research articles. (about 1,482,154 e-prints in December, 2018.) It is maintained and operated by the Cornell University Library with guidance from the arXiv Scientific Advisory Board and the arXiv Member Advisory Board, and with the help of numerous subject moderators.
A business research database which includes journals in marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance and economics.
• Subject: Business & Economics
• Provider: EBSCO Information Services
• Business Source Premier is a business research database which includes journals in marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance and economics. It also includes market research reports, industry reports, country reports, company profiles and SWOT analyses.
• Full text of Harvard Business Review is available
Available about 250 journals in humanities and social sciences published by De Gruyter
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Social Sciences and Humanities
• Provider: De Gruyter
• The academic publisher De Gruyter can look back at a company history of over 260 years.Today, the De Gruyter group publishes over 1,300 new titles each year in the humanities, social sciences, STM and law. UNIST members can access about 250 journals in HSS(Humanities and Social Sciences).
※ This journal package is sponsored by KERIS(Korea Education & Research Information Service,한국교육학술정보원).
Online collection of more than 100,000 declassified records documenting historic U.S. policy decisions.
• Type: Database
• Subject: Social Sciences and Humanities
• Provider: The National Security Archive
• The Digital National Security Archive is an invaluable online collection of more than 100,000 declassified records documenting historic U.S. policy decisions.
• DNSA provides authoritative access to the original documents—most of them formerly classified and previously unavailable—that underlie the crucial decisions facing presidents from Harry Truman to Barack Obama.
Available about 136 journals in Economics, Library Studies, Education, Health & Social Care published by Emerald
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Economics, Library Studies, Education, Health & Social Care
• Provider: Emerald Publishing
• Emerald is a global publisher linking research and practice to the benefit of society. Founded in 1967, Emerald today manages a range of digital products, a portfolio of nearly 300 journals. UNIST members can access 110 journals related ‘Accounting, Finance & Economics’, ‘Library Studies’, ‘Education’, and ‘Health & Social Care’.
A wide-ranging collection of survey data and aggregate data originally produced by various organizations in Korea (Available via RISS)
• Available via RISS Platform. (RISS Home > 해외전자자료검색 > 개별검색 DB > KSDC DB)
• Users should access to RISS by UNIST direct URL for automatically UNIST user certification.
• How to access: Clicking 1) database title or 2) RISS(한국교육학술정보원) at the bottom of the library website.
※ Available only from 4 pm until 9 am the next day
• Type: Database (Statistics, Survey data)
• Subject: All Subjects
• Provider: Korean Social science Data Center
• The KSDC DB is wide-ranging collection of survey data and aggregate data originally produced by various organizations including public sectors, research institutions, and the media, and all compiled by the KSDC.
※ Available only from 4 pm until 9 am the next day via RISS web site.
A collection of NBER research papers which have not undergone the review accorded official NBER publication
• Subject: Economics
• Provider: National Bureau of Economic Research
• The NBER(National Bureau of Economic Research) is the nation’s leading nonprofit economic research organization. NBER Working Papers is a collection of NBER research papers which have not undergone the review accorded official NBER publication. Papers are preliminary form to encourage discussion and suggestions for revision before publication. UNIST memebers can access to working papers and books by NBER.
A research database which includes critical news, legal and business information on over 80 million U.S. and international companies
The new platform of the LexisNexis Academic
• Subject: Law, Business, etc.
• Provider: LexisNexis
• Nexis Uni (LexisNexis Academic) is a research database which includes critical news, legal and business information on over 80 million U.S. and international companies. It includes comprehensive and authoritative news content, including current coverage and deep archives and extensive legal sources for federal and state cases and statutes, including U.S. Supreme Court decisions since 1790.
Ask a Librarian