Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
The UNIST Library subscribe to about 58 databases in 2020 to support all UNIST members in their studies, research and teaching.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSC, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM, KS), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access
The world’s repository for small-molecule organic and metal-organic crystal structures by CCDC
2020-01-01 13:43 ~ 2020-03-31 01:01 CSD 2020 버전은 4월부터 이용 가능하며, 2019 버전 다운로드를 원할 경우 도서관으로 문의하세요. The 2020 software will be available from April, 2020. If you want to download the 2019 software, please contact to the library. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
※ The 2020 software will be available from April, 2020
※ The 2019 software download: Contact to the library (email@example.com)
※ Web CSD: http://webcsd.ccdc.cam.ac.uk (available on campus)
• Type: Database (Specific Data)
• Subject: Crystallography, Chemistry
• Provider: Cambridge Crystallographic Data Center (CCDC)
• Cambridge Sturucture Database (CSD) is the world’s repository for small-molecule organic and metal-organic crystal structures. It contains the results of over half-a-million x-ray and neutron diffraction analyses and 3D structures, etc. This databases is based on software system, so installing a program is requested.
Available about 150 journals in STM(Science & Technology, Medicine) published by Cambridge University Press
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Science & Technology, Medicine (STM Package)
• Provider: Cambridge University Press
• Cambridge University Press is a department of the University of Cambridge and is both an academic and educational publisher. The UNIST Library subscribes to it’s STM(Science & Technology, Medicine) journal package in 2018 so UNIST members can access more than 150 journals.
Available 15 primary journals in biomedical research published by Cell Press
• Subject: Life Sciences, Biomedicine
• Provider: Cell Press
• Cell Press is a leading publisher in biomedical research and publishes primary journals. The UNIST library subscribes to 15 journals and these are available on the ScienceDirect platform. (www.sciencedirect.com).
A free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 63 million structures, properties, and associated information.
• Type: Database (Free, Chemical Structures)
• Subject: Chemistry
• Provider: Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
• ChemSpider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 63 million structures, properties, and associated information. By integrating and linking compounds from ~280 data sources, ChemSpider enables researchers to discover the most comprehensive view of freely available chemical data from a single online search.
A bibliography and full text database in nursing and related area which available via RISS
• Available via RISS Platform. (RISS Home > 해외DB통합검색)
• Users should access to RISS by UNIST direct URL for automatically UNIST user certification.
• How to access: Clicking 1) database title or 2) RISS(한국교육학술정보원) at the bottom of the library website.
※ Available only from 4 pm until 9 am the next day
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index + Full Text)
• Subject: Nursing, Biomedicine, Health sciences
• Provider: EBSCO Information Services
• CINAHL with FullText provides full text for the top nursing and allied health literature available and covers a wide range of topics including nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines.
※ Available only from 4 pm until 9 am the next day via RISS web site.
Available 4 core journals in molecular biology published by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press
• Subject: Cancer, Neuroscience, Plant biology, Quantitative biology
• Provider: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press (CSHLP)
• CSHL Press publishes scholarly materials related in molecular biology, genetics, development, virology, neurobiology, immunology and cancer biology. UNIST members can access 4 core journals include Genes & Development, Genome Research and CSH Protocols.
A database of financial, statistical and market information on active and inactive global companies (Available via WRDS platform)
• Available via WRDS platform.
• UNIST members need to create an account to use WRDS databases and the user account must be created with UNIST email address.
※ Contact: Office of BA (052-217-3667, firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Subject: Economics, Finance
• Provider: Standard & Poor’s
• Compustat is a database of financial, statistical and market information on active and inactive global companies throughout the world. It provides more than 300 annual and 100 quarterly Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows, and supplemental data items on more than 24,000 publicly held companies.
• UNIST members can use North America pack(North America, Historical, Bank) and Execucomp.
※ Available via WRDS platform and user account is required.
The most comprehensive collection of security price data for the NYSE, AMEX and Nasdaq stock markets. (Available via WRDS)
All UNIST members need to create an account to use WRDS databases.
The user account must be created with UNIST email address.
※ Contact: Office of BA (052-217-3667, email@example.com)
• Provider: Center for Research in Security Prices (CRSP)
• The Center for Research in Security Prices maintains the most comprehensive collection of security price, return, and volume data for the NYSE, AMEX and Nasdaq stock markets. Additional CRSP files provide stock indices, beta- and cap-based portfolio, treasury bond and risk-free rates, and mutual fund databases.
• UNIST members can use 2 data modules – 1) CRSP 1925 US Stock Database 2) CRSP/COMPUSTAT Merged Database (CCM)
Ask a Librarian