Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
The UNIST Library subscribe to about 58 databases in 2020 to support all UNIST members in their studies, research and teaching.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSC, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM, KS), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2020 eResources@UNIST Library (202001)
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access
Available about 250 journals in humanities and social sciences published by De Gruyter
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Social Sciences and Humanities
• Provider: De Gruyter
• The academic publisher De Gruyter can look back at a company history of over 260 years.Today, the De Gruyter group publishes over 1,300 new titles each year in the humanities, social sciences, STM and law. UNIST members can access about 250 journals in HSS(Humanities and Social Sciences).
※ This journal package is sponsored by KERIS(Korea Education & Research Information Service,한국교육학술정보원).
A collection of doctoral dissertations published by top 30 universities in North America (Available via RISS)
• Available via RISS Platform. (RISS Home > 해외DB통합검색)
• Users should access to RISS by UNIST direct URL for automatically UNIST user certification.
• How to access: Clicking 1) database title or 2) RISS(한국교육학술정보원) at the bottom of the library website.
※ Available Time
1) Search: 24 hours
2) Full Text Download: from 4 pm until 9 am the next day
• Type: Database (Dissertations Abstract & Index + Full Text)
• Subject: All Subjects
• Provider: ProQuest
• Digital Dissertations on Demand(DDOD) is a collection of doctoral dissertations published by top 30 universities in North America since 1999. Searching and reading abstracts are available and 17 million full-text are available to download via RISS.
※ Searching is available for 24 hours via RISS.
※ Full Text downloading is only available from 4 pm until 9 am the next day via RISS web site.
An online open access journal directory that provides access to about 10,000 peer-reviewed journals.
• Type: Open Access Repository (Free, OA Journals)
• Provider: Lund University Libraries
• Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) is an online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals.
Ask a Librarian