Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
The UNIST Library subscribe to about 58 databases in 2020 to support all UNIST members in their studies, research and teaching.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSC, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM, KS), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2020 eResources@UNIST Library (202001)
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access
A comprehensive collection of full-text articles and bibliographic records in the fields of computing and information technology
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index + Full Text)
• Subject: Computer Engineering, Information Technology
• Provider: Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
• The ACM Digital Library is a comprehensive collection of full-text articles and bibliographic records in the fields of computing and information technology. The full-text database includes the complete collection of ACM(Association for Computing Machinery)’s publications, including journals, conference proceedings, magazines, newsletters, and multimedia titles, etc.
A highly-automated electronic archive and distribution server for research articles in physics, mathematics, computer science, etc.
• Type: Open Access Repository (Free, Preprint)
• Subject: Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology, Quantitative Finance, Statistics, Electrical Engineering and Systems Science, and Economics
• Provider: Cornell University Library
• arXiv.org is a highly-automated electronic archive and distribution server for research articles. (about 1,482,154 e-prints in December, 2018.) It is maintained and operated by the Cornell University Library with guidance from the arXiv Scientific Advisory Board and the arXiv Member Advisory Board, and with the help of numerous subject moderators.
Available about 60 journals in engineering, computing & technology published by Emerald
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Engineering, Computing & Technology
• Provider: Emerald Publishing
• Emerald is a global publisher linking research and practice to the benefit of society. Founded in 1967, Emerald today manages a range of digital products, a portfolio of nearly 300 journals. UNIST members can access about 60 journals in Engineering, Computing & Technology.
※ This journal package is sponsored by KERIS(Korea Education & Research Information Service,한국교육학술정보원).
Available full text documents of journals, proceedings and technical standards published by IEEE and it’s publishing partners.
• Subject: Electrical and Electronic engineering, Computer engineering, Science & Technology
• Provider: IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
• IEEE Xplore Digital Library is a resource for discovery and access to scientific and technical content published by the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) and its publishing partners. It includes full text documents of journals, conference proceedings and technical standards in electrical engineering, computer science and electronics.
Ask a Librarian