Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
The UNIST Library subscribe to about 58 databases in 2020 to support all UNIST members in their studies, research and teaching.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSC, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM, KS), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2020 eResources@UNIST Library (202001)
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access
Available about 68 journals in chemistry and related subjects published by ACS, the primary society of the chemistry
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Chemistry
• Provider: American Chemical Society (ACS)
• The American Chemical Society (ACS), founded in 1876 at New York University, is a world largest scientific society that supports scientific inquiry in all fields of chemistry. ACS Publication is an online platform which provides scholarly journals and electronic books published by ACS. UNIST members can access more than 68 journals includes Chemical & Engineering News.
Available about 10 journals and hundreds of conference proceedings in physics and the related sciences
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Physics
• Provider: American Institute of Physics (AIP)
• The AIP Publishing publishes 10 scholarly journals and conference proceedings in physics and the related sciences. UNIST members can access 10 AIP journals from first issue to current.
Available about 10 journals in mathematical research published by ASM
• Subject: Mathematics
• Provider: American Mathematical Society (AMS)
• The American Mathematical Society, founded in 1888 to further the interests of mathematical research and scholarship, is dedicated to advancing research and connecting the diverse global mathematical community through their publications, meetings and conferences, MathSciNet, professional services, advocacy, and awareness programs. AMS peer-reviewed journals are of the highest quality in mathematical research and UNIST members can access 10 ASM journals (includes 4 open access journals).
Available about 15 research journals include Physical Review Series published by APS
• Subject: Physics
• Provider: American Physical Society (APS)
• The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics. UNIST members can access 15 research journals (includes 5 open access journals ) include Physical Review Series published by APS.
Available 4 journals in vacuum science published by AVS
• Subject: Physics, Vacuum Science
• Provider: American Vacuum Society (AVS)
• American Vacuum Society is a not-for-profit learned society founded in 1953 and it is a member society of the American Institute of Physics. UNIST members can access 4 journals which includes Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A & B published by American Vacuum Society.
Available 47 journals in biomedicine, physics, social sciences, etc. published by AR
• Subject: Biomedicine, Physics, Social Sciences, etc.
• Provider: Annual Reviews (AR)
• Annual Reviews is a nonprofit publisher dedicated to synthesizing and integrating knowledge for the progress of science and the benefit of society. UNIST Library subscribes to ‘Sciences Collection’ so UNIST members can access 47 journals in biomedicine, physics, social sciences, etc.
A highly-automated electronic archive and distribution server for research articles in physics, mathematics, computer science, etc.
• Type: Open Access Repository (Free, Preprint)
• Subject: Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology, Quantitative Finance, Statistics, Electrical Engineering and Systems Science, and Economics
• Provider: Cornell University Library
• arXiv.org is a highly-automated electronic archive and distribution server for research articles. (about 1,482,154 e-prints in December, 2018.) It is maintained and operated by the Cornell University Library with guidance from the arXiv Scientific Advisory Board and the arXiv Member Advisory Board, and with the help of numerous subject moderators.
The world’s repository for small-molecule organic and metal-organic crystal structures by CCDC
CSD 2020 버전은 4월부터 이용 가능, 2019 버전 다운로드를 원할 경우 도서관으로 문의(email@example.com) 또는 포탈 > 소프트웨어 다운로드 메뉴 참조 / The 2020 software will be available from April, 2020. If you want to download the 2019 software, please contact to the library (firstname.lastname@example.org) or refer to Software Download menu on the UNIST Portal.
※ The 2020 software will be available from April, 2020
※ The 2019 software download: Contact to the library (email@example.com)
※ Web CSD: http://webcsd.ccdc.cam.ac.uk (available on campus)
• Type: Database (Specific Data)
• Subject: Crystallography, Chemistry
• Provider: Cambridge Crystallographic Data Center (CCDC)
• Cambridge Sturucture Database (CSD) is the world’s repository for small-molecule organic and metal-organic crystal structures. It contains the results of over half-a-million x-ray and neutron diffraction analyses and 3D structures, etc. This databases is based on software system, so installing a program is requested.
A free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 63 million structures, properties, and associated information.
• Type: Database (Free, Chemical Structures)
• Provider: Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
• ChemSpider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 63 million structures, properties, and associated information. By integrating and linking compounds from ~280 data sources, ChemSpider enables researchers to discover the most comprehensive view of freely available chemical data from a single online search.
Available about 8 journals in electrochemistry published by Electrochemical Society
2020년부터 IOP 플랫폼 통해 이용 가능 / Available via IOP journal platform from 2020
• Subject: Electrochemistry
• Provider: Electrochemical Society
• ECS Digital Library is a platform of the ‘Journal of The Electrochemical Society (JES)’. It also includes 7 scholarly journals and meeting abstracts published by The Electrochemical Society.
* Available via IOP journal platform from 2020
Available about 70 journals in physics and related area published by IOP Publishing
• Provider: IOP Publishing (subsidiary of the Institute of Physics)
• IOPscience is an online service for journal content published by IOP Publishing, the publishing company of the Institute of Physics. UNIST members can access 71 journals includes 2D Materials, Astrophysical Journal and Japanese Journal of Applied Physics.
A searchable online bibliographic database created by the American Mathematical Society
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index)
• MathSciNet is a searchable online bibliographic database created by the American Mathematical Society. It offers access to a carefully maintained and easily searchable database of reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for mathematical sciences literature.
Available 44 journals which include Nature, Nature research and reviews journals
• Subject: Multidisciplinary Science
• Provider: SpringerNature
• Springer Nature is an academic publishing company created by the May 2015 merger of Springer Science+Business Media and Nature Publishing Group. Nature Publishing Group’s flagship publication is Nature, a weekly multidisciplinary journal first published in 1869. It also publishes Nature research journals, Nature Reviews journals (since 2000), and society-owned academic journals. UNIST members can access 44 nature brand and academic journals and Nature is available from 1950 to current issue.
• 2020 New Subscribing Journal: Nature Human Behaviour
Available about 22 journals and conference proceedings in optics and photonics published by OSA Publishing
• Subject: Optics, Photonics
• Provider: OSA Publishing, OSA (The Optical Society)
• OSA Publishing’s Digital Library offers the largest collection of peer-reviewed optics and photonics content. This cutting-edge repository includes content from OSA’s prestigious journals and co-publications. UNIST members can access 22 research journals and all preoceedings published by OSA.
Available Proceeding of National Academy of Science(PNAS), one of the world’s most-cited and comprehensive multidisciplinary scientific journals. from first issue to current
• Type: Journal Single
• Provider: National Academy of Sciences
• Proceeding of National Academy of Science(PNAS) is one of the world’s most-cited and comprehensive multidisciplinary scientific journals. It publishes cutting-edge research, science news, commentaries, review, perspectives, colloquium papers, and actions of the National Academy of Sciences.
A web-based tool for the retrieval of chemistry information and data from published literature, including journals and patents provided by Elsevier
• Provider: Elsevier
• Reaxys is a web-based tool for the retrieval of chemistry information and data from published literature, including journals and patents. The information includes chemical compounds, chemical reactions, chemical properties, related bibliographic data, substance data with synthesis planning information, as well as experimental procedures from selected journals and patents.
Available about 44 primary journals in chemistry published by Royal Chemistry Society
• The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is a learned society in the United Kingdom with the goal of “advancing the chemical sciences”. RSC Publishing is a platform of journals, electrnic books and databases in chemical science published by Royal Society of Chemistry and UNIST members can access about 44 journals.
Available 4 journals include Science published by American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
• Subject: Multidisciplinary Sciences
• Provider: American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
• Science (also widely referred to as Science Magazine) is the peer-reviewed academic journal of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and one of the world’s top academic journals. UNIST members can access not only Science but also Science Signaling, Science Translational Medicine and Science Robotics (2019). Science is available from 1880 to the present.
A chemistry database from Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS), a division of the ACS (User account is required)
All UNIST members need to create an account to access SciFinder Web. The user account must be created on-campus with UNIST email address.
※ If your SciFinder account is deactivated, please ask a librarian. (Kim, Doyeon, firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Provider: Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
• SciFinder is a research discovery application from Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS), a division of the American Chemical Society. It contains journal and patent literature (Chemical Abstracts) with references, substance and property data, chemical reactions, chemical regulatory data, and chemical suppliers.
The upgraded and new platform of SciFinder, the world’s most comprehensive chemistry database from CAS.
Sign in your SciFinder user account.
All UNIST members need to create an account to access SciFinder-n. The user account must be created on-campus with UNIST email address.
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index)
• Subject: Chemistry
• Provider: Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
• What’s New in SciFinder-n?
1) A new graphical user interface and more sophisticated search features.
2) PatentPack & MethodsNow modules are included and available unlimited.
3) CAS Retrosynthesis Planner
Free access to OA articles sponsored by the SCOAP3(Sponsoring Consortium for OA Publishing in Particle Physics) initiative
• Type: Open Access Repository (Free, OA Journals)
• Subjects: High-Energy Physics
• Provider: SCOAP3, CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research)
• SCOAP3(Sponsoring Consortium for Open Access Publishing in Particle Physics) is a one-of-its-kind partnership of over three thousand libraries, key funding agencies and research centers in 44 countries and 3 intergovernmental organisations. Working with leading publishers, SCOAP3 has converted key journals in the field of High-Energy Physics to Open Access at no cost for authors. All articles funded by SCOAP3 appear in the SCOAP3 repository upon publication, alongside the publishers’ own platforms. So you can freely search, browse and of course download all Open Access articles sponsored by the international SCOAP3 initiative
Available about 17 journals in industrial and applied mathematics published by SIAM (1997~current)
• Provider: Society of Industrial Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
• SIAM is platform of journals, electronic books and proceedings published by Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics. UNIST members can access about 17 journals from 1997 to the present.
Available about 10 journals and hundreds of conference proceedings in optics and photonics published by SPIE
• Provider: The international society for optics and photonics (SPIE)
• SPIE is an international society advancing an interdisciplinary approach to the science and application of light. The SPIE Digital Library a collection of optics & photonics applied research which includes proceedings and journals published by SPIE. UNIST members can access journals and conference proceedings from 1999 to the present.
Available 5 core journals in biochemistry include SYNLETT, SYNFACTS and SYNTHESIS published by Thieme
• Subject: Chemistry, Biochemistry
• Provider: Thieme Medical Publishers
• Thieme is an award-winning international medical and science publisher serving health professionals and students for more than 125 years. The UNIST members can access 5 core biochemistry journals include SYNLETT, SYNFACTS and SYNTHESIS.
Ask a Librarian