Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
The UNIST Library subscribe to about 58 databases in 2020 to support all UNIST members in their studies, research and teaching.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSC, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM, KS), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2020 eResources@UNIST Library (202001)
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access
The world’s citation index database which searchable SCI(E) articles
• Type: Database (Citation Index)
• Subject: Science & Technology
• Provider: Clarivate Analytics (formerly known as Thomson Reuters)
• Web of Science SCIE is abstracts and citation database which includes more than 14,000 titles of major journals in all subjects. UNIST members can use Science Citation Index Expended(SCIE) dataset from 1945 to the current.
A web-based business data research service from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania (User account is required)
All UNIST members need to create an account to use WRDS. The user account must be created with UNIST email address.
※ Contact: Office of BA (052-217-3667, email@example.com)
• Type: Database (Specific Data)
• Subject: Business & Economics
• Provider: The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
• Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) is a web-based business data research service from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. WRDS provides the user with one location to access over 200 terabytes of data across multiple disciplines, such as Accounting, Banking, Economics, Finance, Insurance, Marketing, and Statistics.
※ User account is required.
Available Neuroscience of Wiley Current Protocol, the premier collection of updatable step-by-step, reproducible laboratory methods
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index + Full Text)
• Subject: Neuroscience, Life Sciences
• Provider: Wiley
• Wiley Current Protocols is a premier collection of updatable step-by-step, reproducible laboratory methods.
• Wiley Current Protocols in Neuroscience is the comprehensive resource for researchers investigating the nervous system. Researchers at all levels of expertise will find sufficient detail to permit duplication of protocols. This compilation brings together hundreds of core and cutting edge techniques reflecting the breadth of the field of neuroscience itself, making it a valuable asset for anyone pursuing a multidisciplinary approach.
Available about 1,469 journals in all subjects published the world’s publisher Wiley
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: All Subjects
• Wiley Online Library hosts the world’s broadest and deepest multidisciplinary collection of online resources covering life, health and physical sciences, social science, and the humanities. It delivers seamless integrated access to over 6 million articles from over 1,500 journals. The UNIST members can access more than 1,469 journals includes Angewandte Chemie.
Ask a Librarian