Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
The UNIST Library subscribe to about 58 databases in 2020 to support all UNIST members in their studies, research and teaching.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSC, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM, KS), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2020 eResources@UNIST Library (202001)
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access
Available about 2,000 journals in ST(Science & Tech.) and SSH(Social Science & Humanities) published by Taylor & Francis
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: All Subjects (Science & Technology, Social Science & Humanities)
• Provider: Taylor & Francis
• Taylor & Francis Online is platform of journals published by Taylor & Francis Group. The UNIST Librayr subscribes to both ST(Science & Tech.) package and SSH(Social Science & Humanities) package so UNIST members can access more than 2,000 journals.
Available 5 core journals in biochemistry include SYNLETT, SYNFACTS and SYNTHESIS published by Thieme
• Subject: Chemistry, Biochemistry
• Provider: Thieme Medical Publishers
• Thieme is an award-winning international medical and science publisher serving health professionals and students for more than 125 years. The UNIST members can access 5 core biochemistry journals include SYNLETT, SYNFACTS and SYNTHESIS.
Available trade & Quote data for all securities listed on the NYSE, AMEX and NMS (Available via WRDS)
• Available via WRDS platform.
• UNIST members need to create an account to use WRDS databases and the user account must be created with UNIST email address.
※ Contact: Office of BA (052-217-3667, email@example.com)
• Type: Database (Specific Data)
• Subject: Economics, Finance
• Provider: NYSE (The New York Stock Exchange)
• The Trade and Quote(TAQ) database contains intraday transactions data (trades and quotes) for all securities listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and American Stock Exchange (AMEX), as well as Nasdaq National Market System (NMS) and Small Cap issues.
※ UNIST members can douwnload daily TAQ data from 2003 to 2019 by SAS format via WRDS.
.※ Available via WRDS platform and user account is required.
Ask a Librarian