Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSU, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2022 eResources@UNIST Library
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access Online Tutorials
A comprehensive business database which part of the ProQuest Central
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index + Full Text)
• Subject: Business, Economics
• Provider: ProQuest
• ABI/INFORM Complete is a comprehensive business database containing thousands of journals. The combination of products forms a business database package that offers full-text titles covering business and economic conditions, corporate strategies, management techniques, as well as competitive and product information. Its international coverage gives researchers a complete picture of companies and business trends around the world.
• It is part of the ProQuest Central Database.
A multi-disciplinary full text database by EBSCO which containing nearly 4,000 peer-reviewed journals with no embargo
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index, Full Text)
• Subject: All subjects
• Provider: EBSCO Information Services
• Academic Search Complete(ASC) is a multi-disciplinary full text database containing journal articles in computer sciences, engineering, physics, chemistry, language and linguistics, arts & literature, medical sciences, ethnic studies, etc.
• More than 6,400 active full-text journals and magazines, nearly 4,000 active full-text peer-reviewed journals with no embargo.
A multidisciplinary collection of videos including more than 50,000 scholarly videos
• Type: Database (Video)
• Subject: All subjects
• Provider: Alexander Street, ProQuest
• Academic Video Online(AVON) is a multidisciplinary collection of videos that touches on the curriculum needs of virtually every department. With thousands of thousands of titles available now and 400 new titles per month, this collection is unmatched in its breadth. AVON allows students and researchers alike to analyze unique and valuable content from over 500 producers and distributors around the world. It can be also searched on ProQuest Central platform.
※ This database is sponsored by KERIS(Korea Education & Research Information Service,한국교육학술정보원).
A comprehensive collection of full-text articles and bibliographic records in the fields of computing and information technology
• Subject: Computer Engineering, Information Technology
• Provider: Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
• The ACM Digital Library is a comprehensive collection of full-text articles and bibliographic records in the fields of computing and information technology. The full-text database includes the complete collection of ACM(Association for Computing Machinery)’s publications, including journals, conference proceedings, magazines, newsletters, and multimedia titles, etc.
Available about 8 journals in cancer and related subjects published by AACR
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Cancer, Medical Sciences
• Provider: American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
• AACR Publication is a journal platform which includes 8 scholarly journals (Cancer Research, Clinical Cancer Research, Cancer Immunology Research, etc.) published by American Association for Cancer Research.
Available about 70 journals in chemistry and related subjects published by ACS, the primary society of the chemistry
• Subject: Chemistry
• Provider: American Chemical Society (ACS)
• The American Chemical Society (ACS), founded in 1876 at New York University, is a world largest scientific society that supports scientific inquiry in all fields of chemistry. ACS Publication is an online platform which provides scholarly journals and electronic books published by ACS. UNIST members can access more than 68 journals includes Chemical & Engineering News.
Available about 9 journals in mathematical science published by American Institute of Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
• Subject: Mathematics
• Provider: American Institute of Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
• Available about 7 journals in mathematical science published by American Institute of Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
Available about 10 journals and hundreds of conference proceedings in physics and the related sciences
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Physics
• Provider: American Institute of Physics (AIP)
• The AIP Publishing publishes 10 scholarly journals and conference proceedings in physics and the related sciences. UNIST members can access 10 AIP journals from first issue to current.
Available about 10 journals in mathematical research published by ASM
• Provider: American Mathematical Society (AMS)
• The American Mathematical Society, founded in 1888 to further the interests of mathematical research and scholarship, is dedicated to advancing research and connecting the diverse global mathematical community through their publications, meetings and conferences, MathSciNet, professional services, advocacy, and awareness programs. AMS peer-reviewed journals are of the highest quality in mathematical research and UNIST members can access 10 ASM journals (includes 4 open access journals).
Available about 15 research journals include Physical Review Series published by APS
• Subject: Physics
• Provider: American Physical Society (APS)
• The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics. UNIST members can access 15 research journals (includes 5 open access journals ) include Physical Review Series published by APS.
Available about 16 journals in microbiology and related subjects published by ASM
• Subject: Microbiology
• Provider: American Physical Society (ASM)
• The American Society for Microbiology (ASM) is the oldest and largest single life science membership organization in the world. UNIST members can access 16 research journals (includes 4 open access journals) in microbiology and related subjects published by ASM.
Available about 37 journals and hundreds of conference proceedings published by ASCE
• Subject: Civil Engineering
• Provider: American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
• ASCE Library is an online platform which includes scholarly journals and proceedings published by American Society of Civil Engineers. UNIST members can access 37 journals and more than 500 conference proceedings.
Available about 30 journals in mechanical engineering published by ASME
• Subject: Mechanical Engineering
• Provider: American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
• ASME Digital Collection is an online platform which inclues journals, conference proceedings and electronic books published by American Society of Mechanical Engineers. UNIST members can access only 30 ASME journals.
Available 6 journals in vacuum science published by AVS
• Subject: Physics, Vacuum Science
• Provider: American Vacuum Society (AVS)
• American Vacuum Society is a not-for-profit learned society founded in 1953 and it is a member society of the American Institute of Physics. UNIST members can access 4 journals which includes Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A & B published by American Vacuum Society.
Available 47 journals in biomedicine, physics, social sciences, etc. published by AR
• Subject: Biomedicine, Physics, Social Sciences, etc.
• Provider: Annual Reviews (AR)
• Annual Reviews is a nonprofit publisher dedicated to synthesizing and integrating knowledge for the progress of science and the benefit of society. UNIST Library subscribes to ‘Sciences Collection’ so UNIST members can access 47 journals in biomedicine, physics, social sciences, etc.
A highly-automated electronic archive and distribution server for research articles in physics, mathematics, computer science, etc.
• Type: Open Access Repository (Free, Preprint)
• Subject: Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology, Quantitative Finance, Statistics, Electrical Engineering and Systems Science, and Economics
• Provider: Cornell University Library
• arXiv.org is a highly-automated electronic archive and distribution server for research articles. (about 1,482,154 e-prints in December, 2018.) It is maintained and operated by the Cornell University Library with guidance from the arXiv Scientific Advisory Board and the arXiv Member Advisory Board, and with the help of numerous subject moderators.
Fully searchable online database which contains more than 40,300 binary and ternary phase diagrams and associated phase data
• Type: Database (Phases Diagram, etc.)
• Subject: Materials Science and Engineering
• Provider: ASM International (American Society for Metals)
• ASM Alloy Phase Diagrm Database is fully searchable online database which contains more than 40,300 binary and ternary phase diagrams and associated phase data.
• The latest update (2018) includes:
– More than 230 new aluminum, 87 new copper, 86 new magnesium, and 71 new titanium ternary phase diagrams.
– 895 new ternary diagrams, including 185 ternary systems that are new to the database.
– 205 new binary diagrams, including 12 binary systems that are new to the database.
A platform to access standards, journals, special technical publications (STP), manuals/monographs, etc. published by ASTM
Access ASTM easily! If you want to access to the ASTM outside of campus, please refer to the \\\'ASTM Off campus access Guide\\\'.
ASTM Standards are now available on the ASTM Digital Library (ASTM COMPASS).
• Subject: Science & Technology, Engineering
• Provider: American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
• ASTM Digital Library (ASTM COMPASS) is a platform to access standards, journals, special technical publications (STP), manuals/monographs, etc. published by ASTM.
• American Society for Testing and Materials(ASTM) International is one of the world’s largest international stadards developing organization to improve product quality, enhance health and safety. The ASTM provides more than 13,000+ stadards in construction, environmental, metals, plant and related coating, petroleum, plastics, rubber, steel, textile, etc.
Ask a Librarian