Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
The UNIST Library subscribes to about 58 databases in 2020 to support all UNIST members in their studies, research and teaching.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSC, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM, KS), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2020 eResources@UNIST Library (202001)
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access Online Tutorials
Available about 80 journals in biological engineering published by Mary Ann Liebert
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Biological engineering, Medicine, etc.
• Provider: Mary Ann Liebert (MAL)
• Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. is a leading independent company in the scientific, technical, and medical knowledge and information industry, known worldwide for establishing authoritative peer-reviewed journals, books, and trade publications in print and online. UNIST members can access more than 80 journals related to biological engineering.
A searchable online bibliographic database created by the American Mathematical Society
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index)
• Subject: Mathematics
• Provider: American Mathematical Society (AMS)
• MathSciNet is a searchable online bibliographic database created by the American Mathematical Society. It offers access to a carefully maintained and easily searchable database of reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for mathematical sciences literature.
A bibliographic database in modern language and literature published by MLA which available via RISS
• Available via RISS Platform. (RISS Home > 해외전자자료검색
• Users should access to RISS by UNIST direct URL for automatically UNIST user certification.
• How to access: Clicking 1) database title or 2) RISS(한국교육학술정보원) at the bottom of the library website.
※ Available only from 4 pm until 9 am the next day
• Subject: Language, Literature
• Provider: EBSCO Information Services, Modern Language Association
• The MLA International Bibliography is a subject index for books, articles and websites published on modern languages, literature, folklore, and linguistics. It is produced by the Modern Language Association (MLA), an organization dedicated to the study and teaching of language and literature.
※ Available only from 4 pm until 9 am the next day via RISS web site.
A huge collection of audios and videos in the fields of music and arts
• Type: Database (Audio, Video)
• Subject: Arts, Music
• Provider: Alexander Street, ProQuest
• Music & Performing Arts combines audio and video that spans all time periods, hundreds of thousands of seminal artists, composers, choreographers, and ensembles to provide an unparalleled learning environment for the teaching of music.
※ This database is sponsored by KERIS(Korea Education & Research Information Service,한국교육학술정보원).
Ask a Librarian