Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
The UNIST Library subscribes to about 58 databases in 2020 to support all UNIST members in their studies, research and teaching.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSC, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM, KS), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2020 eResources@UNIST Library (202001)
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access Online Tutorials
A web-based tool for the retrieval of chemistry information and data from published literature, including journals and patents provided by Elsevier
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index)
• Subject: Chemistry
• Provider: Elsevier
• Reaxys is a web-based tool for the retrieval of chemistry information and data from published literature, including journals and patents. The information includes chemical compounds, chemical reactions, chemical properties, related bibliographic data, substance data with synthesis planning information, as well as experimental procedures from selected journals and patents.
Available 3 journals in biomedical research published by Rockefeller University Press
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Life Sciences, Biomedical Sciences
• Provider: Rockefeller University Press
• The Rockefeller University is the world’s leading biomedical research university and is dedicated to conducting innovative, high-quality research to improve the understanding of life for the benefit of humanity. All UNIST members can access to 3 scholarly journals – ‘Journal of Cell Biology’, ‘Journal of Experimental Medicine’, and ‘Journal of General Physiology’.
Available about 44 primary journals in chemistry published by Royal Chemistry Society
• Provider: Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
• The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is a learned society in the United Kingdom with the goal of “advancing the chemical sciences”. RSC Publishing is a platform of journals, electrnic books and databases in chemical science published by Royal Society of Chemistry and UNIST members can access about 44 journals.
Ask a Librarian