Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSU, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2023 eResources@UNIST Library
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access Online Tutorials
The world’s repository for small-molecule organic and metal-organic crystal structures by CCDC
How to Download: UNIST Portal (http://portal.unist.ac.kr) → (Bottom of the page) Software Download → Software List → Cambridge Structural Database
※ Web CSD: http://webcsd.ccdc.cam.ac.uk (교내 IP대역에서만 이용 가능)
• Type: Database (Specific Data)
• Subject: Crystallography, Chemistry
• Provider: Cambridge Crystallographic Data Center (CCDC)
• Cambridge Sturucture Database (CSD) is the world’s repository for small-molecule organic and metal-organic crystal structures. It contains the results of over half-a-million x-ray and neutron diffraction analyses and 3D structures, etc. This databases is based on software system, so installing a program is requested.
Available about 400 journals published by Cambridge University Press
Available to access Journal of Fluid Mechanics(JFM) backfile(1956~)
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: All Subject
• Provider: Cambridge University Press
• Cambridge University Press is a department of the University of Cambridge and is both an academic and educational publisher. The UNIST Library subscribes to it’s STM(Science & Technology, Medicine) journal package in 2018 so UNIST members can access more than 150 journals.
A curated collection of over 500K step-by-step analytical protocols, extracted from peer reviewed literature and patent sources
Sign in your SciFinder user account.
All UNIST members need to create an account to access SciFinder-n. The user account must be created on-campus with UNIST email address.
• Type: Database
• Subject: Chemistry
• Provider: Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
A curated collection of over five million formulation records from peer reviewed lierature, patents and product inserts from the US FDA
Available 18 primary journals in biomedical research published by Cell Press
New Subscription: Matter, Trends in Chemistry
• Subject: Life Sciences, Biomedicine
• Provider: Cell Press
• Cell Press is a leading publisher in biomedical research and publishes primary journals. The UNIST library subscribes to 15 journals and these are available on the ScienceDirect platform. (www.sciencedirect.com).
A free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 63 million structures, properties, and associated information.
• Type: Database (Free, Chemical Structures)
• Subject: Chemistry
• Provider: Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
• ChemSpider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 63 million structures, properties, and associated information. By integrating and linking compounds from ~280 data sources, ChemSpider enables researchers to discover the most comprehensive view of freely available chemical data from a single online search.
A bibliography and full text database in nursing and related area which available via RISS
• Available via RISS Platform. (RISS Home > 해외전자자료검색
• Users should access to RISS by UNIST direct URL for automatically UNIST user certification.
• How to access: Clicking 1) database title or 2) RISS(한국교육학술정보원) at the bottom of the library website.
※ Available only from 4 pm until 9 am the next day
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index + Full Text)
• Subject: Nursing, Biomedicine, Health sciences
• Provider: EBSCO Information Services
• CINAHL with FullText provides full text for the top nursing and allied health literature available and covers a wide range of topics including nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines.
※ Available only from 4 pm until 9 am the next day via RISS web site.
Available 4 core journals in molecular biology published by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press
• Subject: Cancer, Neuroscience, Plant biology, Quantitative biology
• Provider: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press (CSHLP)
• CSHL Press publishes scholarly materials related in molecular biology, genetics, development, virology, neurobiology, immunology and cancer biology. UNIST members can access 4 core journals include Genes & Development, Genome Research and CSH Protocols.
Ask a Librarian