Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSU, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2023 eResources@UNIST Library
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access Online Tutorials
A comprehensive collection of full-text articles and bibliographic records in the fields of computing and information technology
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index + Full Text)
• Subject: Computer Engineering, Information Technology
• Provider: Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
• The ACM Digital Library is a comprehensive collection of full-text articles and bibliographic records in the fields of computing and information technology. The full-text database includes the complete collection of ACM(Association for Computing Machinery)’s publications, including journals, conference proceedings, magazines, newsletters, and multimedia titles, etc.
Available about 9 journals in mathematical science published by American Institute of Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Mathematics
• Provider: American Institute of Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
• Available about 7 journals in mathematical science published by American Institute of Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
A platform to access standards, journals, special technical publications (STP), manuals/monographs, etc. published by ASTM
Access ASTM easily! If you want to access to the ASTM outside of campus, please refer to the \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ASTM Off campus access Guide\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'.
ASTM Standards are now available on the ASTM Digital Library (ASTM COMPASS).
• Subject: Science & Technology, Engineering
• Provider: American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
• ASTM Digital Library (ASTM COMPASS) is a platform to access standards, journals, special technical publications (STP), manuals/monographs, etc. published by ASTM.
• American Society for Testing and Materials(ASTM) International is one of the world’s largest international stadards developing organization to improve product quality, enhance health and safety. The ASTM provides more than 13,000+ stadards in construction, environmental, metals, plant and related coating, petroleum, plastics, rubber, steel, textile, etc.
Available about 400 journals published by Cambridge University Press
Available to access Journal of Fluid Mechanics(JFM) backfile(1956~)
• Subject: All Subject
• Provider: Cambridge University Press
• Cambridge University Press is a department of the University of Cambridge and is both an academic and educational publisher. The UNIST Library subscribes to it’s STM(Science & Technology, Medicine) journal package in 2018 so UNIST members can access more than 150 journals.
Available about 350 journals in humanities and social sciences published by De Gruyter
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: All Subject
• Provider: De Gruyter
• The academic publisher De Gruyter can look back at a company history of over 260 years.Today, the De Gruyter group publishes over 1,300 new titles each year in the humanities, social sciences, STM and law. UNIST members can access about 350 journals in HSS(Humanities and Social Sciences) and STM Collection.
※ This journal package is sponsored by KERIS(Korea Education & Research Information Service,한국교육학술정보원).
Available about 60 journals in engineering, computing & technology published by Emerald
• Subject: Engineering, Computing & Technology
• Provider: Emerald Publishing
• Emerald is a global publisher linking research and practice to the benefit of society. Founded in 1967, Emerald today manages a range of digital products, a portfolio of nearly 300 journals. UNIST members can access about 60 journals in Engineering, Computing & Technology.
Available full text documents of journals, proceedings and technical standards published by IEEE and it’s publishing partners.
• Subject: Electrical and Electronic engineering, Computer engineering, Science & Technology
• Provider: IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
• IEEE Xplore Digital Library is a resource for discovery and access to scientific and technical content published by the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) and its publishing partners. It includes full text documents of journals, conference proceedings and technical standards in electrical engineering, computer science and electronics.
An electronic journal platform managed by the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) which provide free access to some journals
• Type: Open Access Repository (Abstract & Index + Full Text, Free)
• Subject: Science and Technology, etc.
• Provider: Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
• J-STAGE is an electronic journal platform for science and technology information in Japan, developed and managed by the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST). J-STAGE aims to accelerate the speed of communication and ensure the internationalization of the science and technology information published in Japan. Most of journals are in English and all users can access free articles.
Available about 7 journals in biological science, physics, mathematical science published by the Royal Society
• Subject: Biological Science, Physics, Mathematical Science, Engineering
• Provider: The Royal Society
• Available about 7 journals in biological science, physics, mathematical science published by the Royal Society
– Including Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, Proceedings of the Royal Society A
Available 4 journals include Science published by American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
• Subject: Multidisciplinary Sciences
• Provider: American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
• Science (also widely referred to as Science Magazine) is the peer-reviewed academic journal of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and one of the world’s top academic journals. UNIST members can access not only Science but also Science Signaling, Science Translational Medicine and Science Robotics (2019). Science is available from 1880 to the present.
Available about 2,280 journals published by Springer
• Subject: Science, Technology and Medicine
• Provider: SpringerNature
• Springer is a leading global scientific, technical and medical portfolio, providing researchers in academia, scientific institutions and corporate R&D departments with quality content through innovative information, products and services.
※ Springer Nature was created through the combination of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media in May 2015.
Available about 2,000 journals in ST(Science & Tech.) and SSH(Social Science & Humanities) published by Taylor & Francis
• Subject: All Subjects (Science & Technology, Social Science & Humanities)
• Provider: Taylor & Francis
• Taylor & Francis Online is platform of journals published by Taylor & Francis Group. The UNIST Librayr subscribes to both ST(Science & Tech.) package and SSH(Social Science & Humanities) package so UNIST members can access more than 2,000 journals.
The world’s citation index database which searchable SCIE articles
• Type: Database (Citation Index)
• Subject: Science & Technology
• Provider: Clarivate Analytics (formerly known as Thomson Reuters)
• Web of Science SCIE is abstracts and citation database which includes more than 14,000 titles of major journals in all subjects. UNIST members can use Science Citation Index Expended(SCIE) dataset from 1945 to the current.
Ask a Librarian