Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
The UNIST Library subscribes to about 58 databases in 2020 to support all UNIST members in their studies, research and teaching.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSC, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM, KS), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2020 eResources@UNIST Library (202001)
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access Online Tutorials
A comprehensive collection of full-text articles and bibliographic records in the fields of computing and information technology
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index + Full Text)
• Subject: Computer Engineering, Information Technology
• Provider: Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
• The ACM Digital Library is a comprehensive collection of full-text articles and bibliographic records in the fields of computing and information technology. The full-text database includes the complete collection of ACM(Association for Computing Machinery)’s publications, including journals, conference proceedings, magazines, newsletters, and multimedia titles, etc.
Available about 37 journals and hundreds of conference proceedings published by ASCE
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Civil Engineering
• Provider: American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
• ASCE Library is an online platform which includes scholarly journals and proceedings published by American Society of Civil Engineers. UNIST members can access 37 journals and more than 500 conference proceedings.
Available about 30 journals in mechanical engineering published by ASME
• Subject: Mechanical Engineering
• Provider: American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
• ASME Digital Collection is an online platform which inclues journals, conference proceedings and electronic books published by American Society of Mechanical Engineers. UNIST members can access only 30 ASME journals.
A highly-automated electronic archive and distribution server for research articles in physics, mathematics, computer science, etc.
• Type: Open Access Repository (Free, Preprint)
• Subject: Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology, Quantitative Finance, Statistics, Electrical Engineering and Systems Science, and Economics
• Provider: Cornell University Library
• arXiv.org is a highly-automated electronic archive and distribution server for research articles. (about 1,482,154 e-prints in December, 2018.) It is maintained and operated by the Cornell University Library with guidance from the arXiv Scientific Advisory Board and the arXiv Member Advisory Board, and with the help of numerous subject moderators.
Fully searchable online database which contains more than 40,300 binary and ternary phase diagrams and associated phase data
• Type: Database (Phases Diagram, etc.)
• Subject: Materials Science and Engineering
• Provider: ASM International (American Society for Metals)
• ASM Alloy Phase Diagrm Database is fully searchable online database which contains more than 40,300 binary and ternary phase diagrams and associated phase data.
• The latest update (2018) includes:
– More than 230 new aluminum, 87 new copper, 86 new magnesium, and 71 new titanium ternary phase diagrams.
– 895 new ternary diagrams, including 185 ternary systems that are new to the database.
– 205 new binary diagrams, including 12 binary systems that are new to the database.
A platform to access standards, journals, special technical publications (STP), manuals/monographs, etc. published by ASTM
ASTM Standards are now available on the ASTM Digital Library (ASTM COMPASS).
• Subject: Science & Technology, Engineering
• Provider: American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
• ASTM Digital Library (ASTM COMPASS) is a platform to access standards, journals, special technical publications (STP), manuals/monographs, etc. published by ASTM.
• American Society for Testing and Materials(ASTM) International is one of the world’s largest international stadards developing organization to improve product quality, enhance health and safety. The ASTM provides more than 13,000+ stadards in construction, environmental, metals, plant and related coating, petroleum, plastics, rubber, steel, textile, etc.
Available about 8 journals in electrochemistry published by Electrochemical Society
Available via IOP journal platform from 2020
• Subject: Electrochemistry
• Provider: Electrochemical Society
• ECS Digital Library is a platform of the ‘Journal of The Electrochemical Society (JES)’. It also includes 7 scholarly journals and meeting abstracts published by The Electrochemical Society.
* Available via IOP journal platform from 2020
Available about 60 journals in engineering, computing & technology published by Emerald
• Subject: Engineering, Computing & Technology
• Provider: Emerald Publishing
• Emerald is a global publisher linking research and practice to the benefit of society. Founded in 1967, Emerald today manages a range of digital products, a portfolio of nearly 300 journals. UNIST members can access about 60 journals in Engineering, Computing & Technology.
※ This journal package is sponsored by KERIS(Korea Education & Research Information Service,한국교육학술정보원).
A comprehensive full-text database for energy and power industries which includes journals, monographs, magazines, and trade publications
• Subject: Energy Resource Engineering
• Provider: EBSCO Information Services
• Energy & Power Source is a comprehensive full-text database for energy and power industries. It includes journals, monographs, magazines, and trade publications in petroleum, natural gas, electric power, coal, nuclear power, renewable energy, and others.
An abstracts and index database which includes journal articles, books and conference proceedings in ergonomics and related subjects
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index)
• Subject: Ergonomics
• Ergonimics Abstracts is an abstracts and index database which includes journal articles, books and conference proceedings in ergonomics and related materials from psychology, physiology, biomechanics, human-computer interaction, human engineering, etc.
Available full text documents of journals, proceedings and technical standards published by IEEE and it’s publishing partners.
• Subject: Electrical and Electronic engineering, Computer engineering, Science & Technology
• Provider: IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
• IEEE Xplore Digital Library is a resource for discovery and access to scientific and technical content published by the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) and its publishing partners. It includes full text documents of journals, conference proceedings and technical standards in electrical engineering, computer science and electronics.
Available 4 journals include Science published by American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
• Subject: Multidisciplinary Sciences
• Provider: American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
• Science (also widely referred to as Science Magazine) is the peer-reviewed academic journal of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and one of the world’s top academic journals. UNIST members can access not only Science but also Science Signaling, Science Translational Medicine and Science Robotics (2019). Science is available from 1880 to the present.
Ask a Librarian