Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSU, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2023 eResources@UNIST Library
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access Online Tutorials
An integrated platform which includes all EBSCOhost databases
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index, Full Text)
• Subject: All Subjects
• Provider: EBSCO Information Services
• EBSCOhost is a comprehensive database platform which includes abstracts, indexes and full text of scholarly materials. UNIST members can do integrated search by combining various databases published by EBSCO (Academic Search Premier, Business Source Premier, Energy & Power Source, Ergonomics Abstracts, ERIC, PsycARTICLES and eBook Collection, etc.)
Available about 8 journals in electrochemistry published by Electrochemical Society
Available via IOP journal platform from 2020
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Electrochemistry
• Provider: Electrochemical Society
• ECS Digital Library is a platform of the ‘Journal of The Electrochemical Society (JES)’. It also includes 7 scholarly journals and meeting abstracts published by The Electrochemical Society.
* Available via IOP journal platform from 2020
The world’s largest full-text research database which provides education journals, books and conference papers
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index + Full Text)
• Subject: Education
• Education Source is a comprehensive full-text database for education professionals and policy makers. The collection provides indexing and abstracts for more than 2,850 academic periodicals and includes full text for more than 2,028 journals, more than 100 books and monographs, education-related conference papers, etc.
※ This database is sponsored by KERIS(Korea Education & Research Information Service,한국교육학술정보원).
Available about 60 journals in engineering, computing & technology published by Emerald
• Subject: Engineering, Computing & Technology
• Provider: Emerald Publishing
• Emerald is a global publisher linking research and practice to the benefit of society. Founded in 1967, Emerald today manages a range of digital products, a portfolio of nearly 300 journals. UNIST members can access about 60 journals in Engineering, Computing & Technology.
※ This journal package is sponsored by KERIS(Korea Education & Research Information Service,한국교육학술정보원).
Available about 136 journals in Economics, Library Studies, Education, Health & Social Care published by Emerald
• Subject: Economics, Library Studies, Education, Health & Social Care
• Provider: Emerald Publishing
• Emerald is a global publisher linking research and practice to the benefit of society. Founded in 1967, Emerald today manages a range of digital products, a portfolio of nearly 300 journals. UNIST members can access 110 journals related ‘Accounting, Finance & Economics’, ‘Library Studies’, ‘Education’, and ‘Health & Social Care’.
A comprehensive full-text database for energy and power industries which includes journals, monographs, magazines, and trade publications
• Subject: Energy Resource Engineering
• Energy & Power Source is a comprehensive full-text database for energy and power industries. It includes journals, monographs, magazines, and trade publications in petroleum, natural gas, electric power, coal, nuclear power, renewable energy, and others.
An abstracts and index database which includes journal articles, books and conference proceedings in ergonomics and related subjects
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index)
• Subject: Ergonomics
• Ergonimics Abstracts is an abstracts and index database which includes journal articles, books and conference proceedings in ergonomics and related materials from psychology, physiology, biomechanics, human-computer interaction, human engineering, etc.
An online bibliographic database of education research and information (Education Resources Information Center)
• ERIC(Education Resources Information Center) is an online database of education research and information sponsored by the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) of the U.S. Department of Education. ERIC provides access to bibliographic records of journal and non-journal literature from 1966 to the present.
Ask a Librarian