Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSU, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2023 eResources@UNIST Library
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access Online Tutorials
Available about 690 journals in all subjects published by SAGE, the world’s 5th largest journals publisher
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: All Subjects
• Provider: SAGE Publishing
• SAGE is the world’s 5th largest journals publisher. It includes more than 1000 journals spanning the Humanities, Social Sciences, and Science, Technology, and Medicine, and more than 400 are published on behalf of learned societies and institutions. UNIST members can access more than 690 journals from 1999 to the present.
Available 4 journals include Science published by American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
• Subject: Multidisciplinary Sciences
• Provider: American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
• Science (also widely referred to as Science Magazine) is the peer-reviewed academic journal of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and one of the world’s top academic journals. UNIST members can access not only Science but also Science Signaling, Science Translational Medicine and Science Robotics (2019). Science is available from 1880 to the present.
Available about 2,600 journals in all subjects published by Elsevier, the world’s leading STM publisher
• Provider: Elsevier
• ScienceDirect is the world’s leading full text online platform by global publisher Elsevier. It contains over 25% of the world’s science, technology and medicine full text and bibliographic information. UNIST members can access more than 2,600 journals.
※ If you cannot access journals on the ScienceDirect platform which you think should be available, please change your web browser or clear your web browser’s cache, cookies and history.
The upgraded and new platform of SciFinder, the world’s most comprehensive chemistry database from CAS.
Sign in your SciFinder user account.
All UNIST members need to create an account to access SciFinder-n. The user account must be created on-campus with UNIST email address.
※ If your SciFinder account is deactivated, please ask a librarian. (email@example.com)
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index)
• Subject: Chemistry
• Provider: Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
• What’s New in SciFinder-n?
1) A new graphical user interface and more sophisticated search features.
2) PatentPack & MethodsNow modules are included and available unlimited.
3) CAS Retrosynthesis Planner
A research performance assessment tool which uses data from Scopus, citation database by Elsevier (User account is required)
All UNIST members need to create an account to access SciVal.
– on campus (UNIST IP range), by your UNIST email address
– Scopus, ScienceDirect, Reaxys and Mendeley accounts are also available.
• Type: Database (Research analysis)
• SciVal is a research performance assessment tool which uses data from Scopus. It provides more advanced bibliometric measures and it also allows you to benchmark individual researchers, groups of researchers and institutions based on a variety of different metrics.
※ Chrome or Firefox is recommended.
Free access to OA articles sponsored by the SCOAP3(Sponsoring Consortium for OA Publishing in Particle Physics) initiative
• Type: Open Access Repository (Free, OA Journals)
• Subjects: High-Energy Physics
• Provider: SCOAP3, CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research)
• SCOAP3(Sponsoring Consortium for Open Access Publishing in Particle Physics) is a one-of-its-kind partnership of over three thousand libraries, key funding agencies and research centers in 44 countries and 3 intergovernmental organisations. Working with leading publishers, SCOAP3 has converted key journals in the field of High-Energy Physics to Open Access at no cost for authors. All articles funded by SCOAP3 appear in the SCOAP3 repository upon publication, alongside the publishers’ own platforms. So you can freely search, browse and of course download all Open Access articles sponsored by the international SCOAP3 initiative
The largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature provided by Elsevier
• Type: Database (Citation Index)
• Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature – scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Delivering a comprehensive overview of the world’s research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
Available about 17 journals in industrial and applied mathematics published by SIAM (1997~current)
• Subject: Mathematics
• Provider: Society of Industrial Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
• SIAM is platform of journals, electronic books and proceedings published by Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics. UNIST members can access about 17 journals from 1997 to the present.
A bibliographic and full text database in sociology and related area which available via RISS
• Available via RISS Platform. (RISS Home > 해외전자자료검색 > 개별검색 DB > KSDC DB)
• Users should access to RISS by UNIST direct URL for automatically UNIST user certification.
• How to access: Clicking 1) database title or 2) RISS(한국교육학술정보원) at the bottom of the library website.
※ Available only from 4 pm until 9 am the next day
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index + Full Text)
• Subject: Social Sciences
• Provider: EBSCO Information Services
• SocINDEX with Full Text offers comprehensive coverage of sociology, encompassing all sub-disciplines and closely related areas of study. In addition to full-text journals, it contains informative abstracts for core coverage journals dating as far back as 1895.
※ Available only from 4 pm until 9 am the next day via RISS web site.
Available about 10 journals and hundreds of conference proceedings in optics and photonics published by SPIE
• Subject: Optics, Photonics
• Provider: The international society for optics and photonics (SPIE)
• SPIE is an international society advancing an interdisciplinary approach to the science and application of light. The SPIE Digital Library a collection of optics & photonics applied research which includes proceedings and journals published by SPIE. UNIST members can access journals and conference proceedings from 1999 to the present.
Available about 2,280 journals published by Springer
• Subject: Science, Technology and Medicine
• Provider: SpringerNature
• Springer is a leading global scientific, technical and medical portfolio, providing researchers in academia, scientific institutions and corporate R&D departments with quality content through innovative information, products and services.
※ Springer Nature was created through the combination of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media in May 2015.
The world’s largest collection of biomedical and life sciences protocols with over 58,000 articles
• Subject: Life Sciences
Statista is a leading statistics database with statistics, consumer survey results and industry studies on over 85,000 topics.
• Type: Database
• Subject: Business, Economics, etc.
• Provider: Statista
Ask a Librarian