Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
The UNIST Library subscribes to about 58 databases in 2020 to support all UNIST members in their studies, research and teaching.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSC, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM, KS), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2020 eResources@UNIST Library (202001)
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access Online Tutorials
An electronic journal platform managed by the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) which provide free access to some journals
• Type: Open Access Repository (Abstract & Index + Full Text, Free)
• Subject: Science and Technology, etc.
• Provider: Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
• J-STAGE is an electronic journal platform for science and technology information in Japan, developed and managed by the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST). J-STAGE aims to accelerate the speed of communication and ensure the internationalization of the science and technology information published in Japan. Most of journals are in English and all users can access free articles.
A journal evaluation database which provides annually Journal Impact Factor and other indicators
• Type: Database (Journal Evaluation)
• Subject: All Subjects
• Provider: Clarivate Analytics (formerly known as Thomson Reuters)
• Journal Citation Reports (JCR) is a collection of data to evaluate world’s leading journals. It offers 2-year and 5-year Impact Factor, Rank-in-Category tables, Journal Self-Citations, etc. based on citation data. UNIST members can access JCR data from 2007 to the present.
Available about thousands of peer-reviewed video articles in life sciences published by JoVE
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Life Sciences & Medicine, etc.
• Provider: Journal of Visualized Experiments(JoVE)
• JoVE (Journal of Visualized Experiments) is the world’s first peer reviewed, PubMed – indexed scientific video methods journal. JoVE has 13 specific journal sections in science and technology. UNIST members can access ‘Biology’, ‘Immunology and Infection’, ‘Bioengineering’, ‘Medicine’ and ‘Neuroscience’ sections in journal section and ‘General Laboratory Techniques’, ‘Basic Methods in Cellular & Molecular Biology’ in Science Education section.
※ 2020 New Subscription: Neuroscience
Ask a Librarian