Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSU, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2023 eResources@UNIST Library
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access Online Tutorials
Available about 70 journals in chemistry and related subjects published by ACS, the primary society of the chemistry
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Chemistry
• Provider: American Chemical Society (ACS)
• The American Chemical Society (ACS), founded in 1876 at New York University, is a world largest scientific society that supports scientific inquiry in all fields of chemistry. ACS Publication is an online platform which provides scholarly journals and electronic books published by ACS. UNIST members can access more than 68 journals includes Chemical & Engineering News.
The world’s repository for small-molecule organic and metal-organic crystal structures by CCDC
How to Download: UNIST Portal (http://portal.unist.ac.kr) → (Bottom of the page) Software Download → Software List → Cambridge Structural Database
※ Web CSD: http://webcsd.ccdc.cam.ac.uk (교내 IP대역에서만 이용 가능)
• Type: Database (Specific Data)
• Subject: Crystallography, Chemistry
• Provider: Cambridge Crystallographic Data Center (CCDC)
• Cambridge Sturucture Database (CSD) is the world’s repository for small-molecule organic and metal-organic crystal structures. It contains the results of over half-a-million x-ray and neutron diffraction analyses and 3D structures, etc. This databases is based on software system, so installing a program is requested.
A curated collection of over 500K step-by-step analytical protocols, extracted from peer reviewed literature and patent sources
Sign in your SciFinder user account.
All UNIST members need to create an account to access SciFinder-n. The user account must be created on-campus with UNIST email address.
• Type: Database
• Subject: Chemistry
• Provider: Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
A curated collection of over five million formulation records from peer reviewed lierature, patents and product inserts from the US FDA
The upgraded and new platform of SciFinder, the world’s most comprehensive chemistry database from CAS.
※ If your SciFinder account is deactivated, please ask a librarian. (email@example.com)
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index)
• What’s New in SciFinder-n?
1) A new graphical user interface and more sophisticated search features.
2) PatentPack & MethodsNow modules are included and available unlimited.
3) CAS Retrosynthesis Planner
A free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 63 million structures, properties, and associated information.
• Type: Database (Free, Chemical Structures)
• Provider: Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
• ChemSpider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 63 million structures, properties, and associated information. By integrating and linking compounds from ~280 data sources, ChemSpider enables researchers to discover the most comprehensive view of freely available chemical data from a single online search.
Available about 8 journals in electrochemistry published by Electrochemical Society
Available via IOP journal platform from 2020
• Subject: Electrochemistry
• Provider: Electrochemical Society
• ECS Digital Library is a platform of the ‘Journal of The Electrochemical Society (JES)’. It also includes 7 scholarly journals and meeting abstracts published by The Electrochemical Society.
* Available via IOP journal platform from 2020
A web-based tool for the retrieval of chemistry information and data from published literature, including journals and patents provided by Elsevier
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index)
• Provider: Elsevier
• Reaxys is a web-based tool for the retrieval of chemistry information and data from published literature, including journals and patents. The information includes chemical compounds, chemical reactions, chemical properties, related bibliographic data, substance data with synthesis planning information, as well as experimental procedures from selected journals and patents.
Available about 44 primary journals in chemistry published by Royal Chemistry Society
• The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is a learned society in the United Kingdom with the goal of “advancing the chemical sciences”. RSC Publishing is a platform of journals, electrnic books and databases in chemical science published by Royal Society of Chemistry and UNIST members can access about 44 journals.
Available 5 core journals in biochemistry include SYNLETT, SYNFACTS and SYNTHESIS published by Thieme
• Subject: Chemistry, Biochemistry
• Provider: Thieme Medical Publishers
• Thieme is an award-winning international medical and science publisher serving health professionals and students for more than 125 years. The UNIST members can access 5 core biochemistry journals include SYNLETT, SYNFACTS and SYNTHESIS.
Ask a Librarian