Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSU, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM, KS), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2021 eResources@UNIST Library
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access Online Tutorials
Available about 10 journals and hundreds of conference proceedings in physics and the related sciences
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Physics
• Provider: American Institute of Physics (AIP)
• The AIP Publishing publishes 10 scholarly journals and conference proceedings in physics and the related sciences. UNIST members can access 10 AIP journals from first issue to current.
Available about 15 research journals include Physical Review Series published by APS
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Physics
• Provider: American Physical Society (APS)
• The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics. UNIST members can access 15 research journals (includes 5 open access journals ) include Physical Review Series published by APS.
Available 6 journals in vacuum science published by AVS
• Subject: Physics, Vacuum Science
• Provider: American Vacuum Society (AVS)
• American Vacuum Society is a not-for-profit learned society founded in 1953 and it is a member society of the American Institute of Physics. UNIST members can access 4 journals which includes Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A & B published by American Vacuum Society.
Available 47 journals in biomedicine, physics, social sciences, etc. published by AR
• Subject: Biomedicine, Physics, Social Sciences, etc.
• Provider: Annual Reviews (AR)
• Annual Reviews is a nonprofit publisher dedicated to synthesizing and integrating knowledge for the progress of science and the benefit of society. UNIST Library subscribes to ‘Sciences Collection’ so UNIST members can access 47 journals in biomedicine, physics, social sciences, etc.
A highly-automated electronic archive and distribution server for research articles in physics, mathematics, computer science, etc.
• Type: Open Access Repository (Free, Preprint)
• Subject: Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology, Quantitative Finance, Statistics, Electrical Engineering and Systems Science, and Economics
• Provider: Cornell University Library
• arXiv.org is a highly-automated electronic archive and distribution server for research articles. (about 1,482,154 e-prints in December, 2018.) It is maintained and operated by the Cornell University Library with guidance from the arXiv Scientific Advisory Board and the arXiv Member Advisory Board, and with the help of numerous subject moderators.
Available about 70 journals in physics and related area published by IOP Publishing
• Provider: IOP Publishing (subsidiary of the Institute of Physics)
• IOPscience is an online service for journal content published by IOP Publishing, the publishing company of the Institute of Physics. UNIST members can access 71 journals includes 2D Materials, Astrophysical Journal and Japanese Journal of Applied Physics.
Free access to OA articles sponsored by the SCOAP3(Sponsoring Consortium for OA Publishing in Particle Physics) initiative
• Type: Open Access Repository (Free, OA Journals)
• Subjects: High-Energy Physics
• Provider: SCOAP3, CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research)
• SCOAP3(Sponsoring Consortium for Open Access Publishing in Particle Physics) is a one-of-its-kind partnership of over three thousand libraries, key funding agencies and research centers in 44 countries and 3 intergovernmental organisations. Working with leading publishers, SCOAP3 has converted key journals in the field of High-Energy Physics to Open Access at no cost for authors. All articles funded by SCOAP3 appear in the SCOAP3 repository upon publication, alongside the publishers’ own platforms. So you can freely search, browse and of course download all Open Access articles sponsored by the international SCOAP3 initiative
Ask a Librarian