Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
The UNIST Library subscribes to about 58 databases in 2020 to support all UNIST members in their studies, research and teaching.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSC, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM, KS), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2020 eResources@UNIST Library (202001)
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access Online Tutorials
Available about 8 journals in cancer and related subjects published by AACR
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: Cancer, Medical Sciences
• Provider: American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
• AACR Publication is a journal platform which includes 8 scholarly journals (Cancer Research, Clinical Cancer Research, Cancer Immunology Research, etc.) published by American Association for Cancer Research.
Available about 16 journals in microbiology and related subjects published by ASM
• Subject: Microbiology
• Provider: American Physical Society (ASM)
• The American Society for Microbiology (ASM) is the oldest and largest single life science membership organization in the world. UNIST members can access 16 research journals (includes 4 open access journals) in microbiology and related subjects published by ASM.
Available 47 journals in biomedicine, physics, social sciences, etc. published by AR
• Subject: Biomedicine, Physics, Social Sciences, etc.
• Provider: Annual Reviews (AR)
• Annual Reviews is a nonprofit publisher dedicated to synthesizing and integrating knowledge for the progress of science and the benefit of society. UNIST Library subscribes to ‘Sciences Collection’ so UNIST members can access 47 journals in biomedicine, physics, social sciences, etc.
Available about 300 journals in life sciences and medicin published by BioMed Central, an open access publisher
• Type: Open Access Repository (Free, OA Journals)
• Subject: Biomedicine, Life Sciences, Medicine, etc.
• Provider: BioMed Central, SpringerNature
• BMC has an evolving portfolio of some 300 peer-reviewed journals, sharing discoveries from research communities in science, technology, engineering and medicine. All journals in BioMed Central are available free and UNIST members can also publish open access articles via the UNIST’s Open access Supporter Membership.
Available about 150 journals in STM(Science & Technology, Medicine) published by Cambridge University Press
• Subject: Science & Technology, Medicine (STM Package)
• Provider: Cambridge University Press
• Cambridge University Press is a department of the University of Cambridge and is both an academic and educational publisher. The UNIST Library subscribes to it’s STM(Science & Technology, Medicine) journal package in 2018 so UNIST members can access more than 150 journals.
Available 15 primary journals in biomedical research published by Cell Press
• Subject: Life Sciences, Biomedicine
• Provider: Cell Press
• Cell Press is a leading publisher in biomedical research and publishes primary journals. The UNIST library subscribes to 15 journals and these are available on the ScienceDirect platform. (www.sciencedirect.com).
A bibliography and full text database in nursing and related area which available via RISS
• Available via RISS Platform. (RISS Home > 해외전자자료검색
• Users should access to RISS by UNIST direct URL for automatically UNIST user certification.
• How to access: Clicking 1) database title or 2) RISS(한국교육학술정보원) at the bottom of the library website.
※ Available only from 4 pm until 9 am the next day
• Type: Database (Abstract & Index + Full Text)
• Subject: Nursing, Biomedicine, Health sciences
• Provider: EBSCO Information Services
• CINAHL with FullText provides full text for the top nursing and allied health literature available and covers a wide range of topics including nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines.
※ Available only from 4 pm until 9 am the next day via RISS web site.
Available 4 core journals in molecular biology published by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press
• Subject: Cancer, Neuroscience, Plant biology, Quantitative biology
• Provider: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press (CSHLP)
• CSHL Press publishes scholarly materials related in molecular biology, genetics, development, virology, neurobiology, immunology and cancer biology. UNIST members can access 4 core journals include Genes & Development, Genome Research and CSH Protocols.
Available about thousands of peer-reviewed video articles in life sciences published by JoVE
• Subject: Life Sciences & Medicine, etc.
• Provider: Journal of Visualized Experiments(JoVE)
• JoVE (Journal of Visualized Experiments) is the world’s first peer reviewed, PubMed – indexed scientific video methods journal. JoVE has 13 specific journal sections in science and technology. UNIST members can access ‘Biology’, ‘Immunology and Infection’, ‘Bioengineering’, ‘Medicine’ and ‘Neuroscience’ sections in journal section and ‘General Laboratory Techniques’, ‘Basic Methods in Cellular & Molecular Biology’ in Science Education section.
※ 2020 New Subscription: Neuroscience
Available about 80 journals in biological engineering published by Mary Ann Liebert
• Subject: Biological engineering, Medicine, etc.
• Provider: Mary Ann Liebert (MAL)
• Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. is a leading independent company in the scientific, technical, and medical knowledge and information industry, known worldwide for establishing authoritative peer-reviewed journals, books, and trade publications in print and online. UNIST members can access more than 80 journals related to biological engineering.
Available 44 journals which include Nature, Nature research and reviews journals
• Subject: Multidisciplinary Science
• Provider: SpringerNature
• Springer Nature is an academic publishing company created by the May 2015 merger of Springer Science+Business Media and Nature Publishing Group. Nature Publishing Group’s flagship publication is Nature, a weekly multidisciplinary journal first published in 1869. It also publishes Nature research journals, Nature Reviews journals (since 2000), and society-owned academic journals. UNIST members can access 44 nature brand and academic journals and Nature is available from 1950 to current issue.
• 2020 New Subscribing Journal: Nature Human Behaviour
Free access to 7 Open Access Journals include ‘PLOS ONE’ published by PLOS
• Type: Open Access Repository (Free, OA Journals)
• Subject: Medicine, Life Sciences, etc.
• Provider: Public Library of Science (PLOS)
• PLOS was founded as a nonprofit Open Access publisher, innovator and advocacy organization with a mission to advance progress in science and medicine by leading a transformation in research communication. PLOS publishes a suite of seven peer-reviewed Open Access journals featuring quality research, expert commentary and critical analysis across all areas of science and medicine. All journals published by PLOS are free.
Available about 3,466 journals which indexed on the MEDLINE database (Available via RISS)
• Subject: Medicine
• Provider: ProQuest
• ProQuest Medical Library(PML) provides a strong, stable foundation for any library wishing to build and expand its clinical and biomedical journal collection. The database includes all charts, diagrams, graphs, tables, photos, and other graphical elements essential to medical research.
A free bibliographic database which provides free access to MEDLINE, NLM’s database of citations and abstracts in life sciences and medicine
• Type: Open Access Repository (Free, Abstract & Index)
• Subject: Life Sciences, Medicine
• Provider: National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine
• PubMed is a bibliographic database which comprises more than 29 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
A free full-text archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health’s National Library of Medicine
• Provider: National Library of Medicine (NLM)
• PubMed Central(PMC) is a free archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health’s National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM). In keeping with NLM’s legislative mandate to collect and preserve the biomedical literature, PMC serves as a digital counterpart to NLM’s extensive print journal collection. Launched in February 2000, PMC was developed and is managed by NLM’s National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI).
Available 3 journals in biomedical research published by Rockefeller University Press
• Subject: Life Sciences, Biomedical Sciences
• Provider: Rockefeller University Press
• The Rockefeller University is the world’s leading biomedical research university and is dedicated to conducting innovative, high-quality research to improve the understanding of life for the benefit of humanity. All UNIST members can access to 3 scholarly journals – ‘Journal of Cell Biology’, ‘Journal of Experimental Medicine’, and ‘Journal of General Physiology’.
Available about 1,960 journal in STM (Science , Tech.,and Medicine) published by Springer
• Subject: Science, Technology and Medicine
• Springer is a leading global scientific, technical and medical portfolio, providing researchers in academia, scientific institutions and corporate R&D departments with quality content through innovative information, products and services. The UNIST libaray subscribes to STM journal package so UNIST members can access more than 1,960 journals in Science, Technology and Medicine.
※ Springer Nature was created through the combination of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media in May 2015. ,
Available Neuroscience of Wiley Current Protocol, the premier collection of updatable step-by-step, reproducible laboratory methods
• Subject: Neuroscience, Life Sciences
• Provider: Wiley
• Wiley Current Protocols is a premier collection of updatable step-by-step, reproducible laboratory methods.
• Wiley Current Protocols in Neuroscience is the comprehensive resource for researchers investigating the nervous system. Researchers at all levels of expertise will find sufficient detail to permit duplication of protocols. This compilation brings together hundreds of core and cutting edge techniques reflecting the breadth of the field of neuroscience itself, making it a valuable asset for anyone pursuing a multidisciplinary approach.
Ask a Librarian