Databases(Web DBs) are collections of scholarly materials which are very useful tools for researchers to search and find relevant resources for their literature study. It contains bibliographical information or full text of journal articles, conference proceedings, magazines, reports, etc. in specific subjects.
Through library’s Database menu, users can browse and access variety databases by title and subject.
(It includes primary free databases also.)
※ Primary Databases by Type
1) Journal Package (Full Text): ScienceDirect, Wiley, Springer, Nature eJournals, Scinece(AAAS), IEEE, ACS, RSC, AIP, T&F, etc.
2) Abstract & Index (+ Full Text): EBSCOhost ASC/BSC, ProQuest Central, MathSciNet, etc.
3) Citation Index: Scopus, Web of Science
4) Specific Information: Chemical Substance & Reactions(SciFinder, Reaxys), Standards(ASTM, KS), Patents(WIPS ON), JCR(Journal Impact Factor), etc.
2021 eResources@UNIST Library
Policies of Using E-Resources Off-Campus Access Online Tutorials
The world’s citation index database which searchable SCI(E) articles
• Type: Database (Citation Index)
• Subject: Science & Technology
• Provider: Clarivate Analytics (formerly known as Thomson Reuters)
• Web of Science SCIE is abstracts and citation database which includes more than 14,000 titles of major journals in all subjects. UNIST members can use Science Citation Index Expended(SCIE) dataset from 1945 to the current.
Available about 1,469 journals in all subjects published the world’s publisher Wiley
• Type: Journal Package
• Subject: All Subjects
• Provider: Wiley
• Wiley Online Library hosts the world’s broadest and deepest multidisciplinary collection of online resources covering life, health and physical sciences, social science, and the humanities. It delivers seamless integrated access to over 6 million articles from over 1,500 journals. The UNIST members can access more than 1,469 journals includes Angewandte Chemie.
Patent database which includes bibliographic information and full text of patents registered in Korea, U.S., Japan, Europe, PCT, etc. (User account is required)
All UNIST members need to create an account to access WIPS ON. The account must be created on-campus with UNIST email address.
• Type: Database (Patent)
• Subject: Engineering, Science & Technology
• Provider: WIPS
• WIPS ON is a patent database which includes bibliographic information and full text of patents registered in Korea, U.S., Japan, Europe, PCT, etc.
Ask a Librarian